Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Financial freedom - achieving my dream to retire early

I came across this blog on how to retire early yesterday while I was looking for hospital cash plans for my mum.

Passive Income Investing

When I read one of the posts (How to retire early), I was like yes!! this is exactly what I was talking about when I wanted to build up my passive income so I dont have to see other people's face at work lol.

Can you imagine? Dont have to see your boss/colleagues which you dont like at work..dont have to commute long distance to work everyday and squeeze on the MRT early in the morning or after work...dont have to do shitty work which is thrown at you and be stressed about work..

The other advantage of building a steady passive income stream is that I dont have to do anything and the money will still come in. Like I heard from my friend who used to rent an apartment near Seah Street, her landlord is super young and he is earning a living just from all the rental income he collects every month!  Imagine, if I have $4-5K rental income coming in every month, it should be enough to cover my daily living expenses and commitments...I dont spend alot on branded stuff and my usual expenses are spent on watching movies at Shaw/Cathay and eating jap food hahaha..Oh and of course, most of my expenses are on travel cuz i LOVE travelling ^^

My plan is to work hard this couple of years and earn more $ (and save more) while Im still at my current company and at the same time build up my stock portfolio (using the capital which I saved) and rental income so I have extra $ coming in besides from my salary.  Once the passive income is stable, then I can have the option to quit my job (if i want to) and do something which i want to do/focus on continuing to grow my passive income stream.

 I read from last Sunday's Straits Times all these young entrepreneurs who are working for themselves - online blogshop, doing art crafts, specializing in custom made shelves, opening up cafes. If they are so young (early 20s!) and can be a owner themselves at such a tender age, im sure i can do it too if i put my mind to it! Now I just have to think about what i want to do which I'm interested in or have passion for and concentrate on being the expert in that..

Hmmm....*deep in thought** this will take some time lol..Does passion in travelling count? Can I do a business with it? hahaha..I always do alot of research when Im go on holidays and put together a detailed itinerary which I use during my trips. I think im quite resourceful in finding good deals or lobangs (in my own opinion)..Maybe i can put that to good use someway..



No comments: