Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review of facials - Asterspring and Spa Symphony

Asterspring and Spa Symphony Facial Review 

Bought 2 groupon deals recently for facials - AsterSpring & Spa Symphony. Havent done facials for super long time so thought it was time to do some maintenance lol. 

Asterspring 
Actually I have been wanting to try AsterSpring for some time because they are one of the few facial places which uses Dermalogica products but didnt have the chance because their facials are quite expensive. When I saw the groupon deal I was like oh man, this is a good time to try! The deal wasnt that cheap, think it was $68 and i topped up for some eye therapy treatment or something so it was $70 plus?


Took a pic of myself before my facial at AsterSpring - bare faced..gosh can see all my blackheads and clogged open pores..gross eeks


AsterSpring at AMK Hub. I wanted to try either the one at Nex or AMK hub and decided to try AMK hub since it was closest to me haha.

The beauty therapist at AsterSpring was pretty professional and nice. She examined my skin and told me that i have sensitive skin that is 内油外干 - direct translation of this means internally its oily and externally its dry lol. Which is true lah, beauticians always tell me that when i go for facials.  Surprisingly she said i didnt have much acne problems (i always think i have acne skin hmmm)..I put my head in this machine with blue light and it showed the parts of my skin which was oily and clogged (near my nose area) but otherwise it was ok haha

After that i put my stuff in a locker and changed into their robe. The facial was pretty good, i love the Dermalogica products which they used and after that i really felt my skin was much clearer and smoother! Oh yes their mask is super darn good!! Its like some oatmeal mask and smells soo good!! 

The lady did some blackhead extraction (but not alot) and i didnt have any red marks on my skin after that and I was pretty impressed!


After my facial - not sure if you can see but my blackheads and whiteheads are much lesser and my pores look less obvious. Overall i saw that my skin condition was much better and im honestly very happy with the results. 

The beauty therapist at AsterSpring didnt do much hard selling (vs some other places like Rapallez which i've been to who use really core hard selling!) and just shared about their facial packages. Really tempted to signup for their packages on the stop but the drawback is the prices are really not cheap so have to think about it..

Spa Symphony

Bought this deal with Steph who wanted to go for facial also..it was very cheap - $22 for the facial with eye treatment and the place is at Somerset313 which is pretty convenient.


The decor of the place was quite nicely done up. We were asked to fill in a questionnaire before we started the facial. 


the extraction was quite thorough but v painful. My face was quite red after that 0.o After the facial, we tried some light therapy machine which was supposed to make you feel destressed or something..anyway i found the facial very normal only..not much difference..

No comments: