Saturday, June 16, 2012

My new Asus laptop

Have been thinking of getting a new laptop for the longest time and finally i took the plunge and got it!

There are so many brands out there and I looked quite a few models before finally getting a ASUS laptop ;p

Why Asus? 

Well, I know for sure that I didnt want to get Compaq and Acer laptops cuz they are known to be quite lousy quality. The brands I was eyeing initially were: Toshiba, Asus and Fujitsu. 

I ruled out Fujitsu cuz my budget was less than $1k and most of their laptops are more expensive than that. I did some research on the laptop and found this link on SGFORUMS:


This is what they said about Asus:

ASUS: Notebooks range from affordable to otherwordly expensive. Products also span a wide range from basic Netbooks to premium gaming laptops like the G73. Build quality ranges from decent to excellent, and the keyboards are generally awesome to work on. You can set your mind at ease purchasing an ASUS laptop as they have one of the lowest failure rates amongst all brands. ASUS laptops have the best keyboards I have experienced thus far. Audio quality depends on the model you get. The worst ones sound muffled at best, and the best ones (N series) are a joy to listen to. Most of them are equipped with Altec Lansing branded audio, but since the speakers are lap-firing, audio is muffled when you use the notebook on your lap. Some models though, offer an Altec Lansing or Bang & Olufsen ICEPower soundbar that is located in the traditional position – above the keyboard. The sound quality from those setups are excellent, and contend with HP’s Beats/Altec Lansing and trade blows with similarly excellent sound setups from Toshiba and Lenovo that utilise JBL or harman/kardon speakers.

I've owned a ASUS laptop before and i really liked my old laptop cuz firstly it was white (i love white stuff lol!!) and cuz it was light. Too bad it became a bit kooky cuz of old age but it served me well during my uni days haha.  

So i checked out ASUS at Best Denki, Courts and a few electronic shops but they didnt have any good promotions.  FINALLY, at a recent IT show at the Singapore Expo, i finally got the ASUS K43SD laptop which was on offer ;D



Specifications:
Brand New Asus K43SD i5-2450m
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit 14." diagonal
High-Definition LED BrightView
Intel® Core™ i5-2450M Processor (3M Cache, 2.50 GHz up to 3.1GHz w/Turbo Boost Technology ) 8GB DDR3 (After Free Upgrade)
500GB SATA Hard Disk Drive SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer
NVIDIA® GeForce® 610M Graphics with 2GB dedicated Bluetooth® wireless networking
Altec Lansing speakers - SRS Premium Sound
Integrated 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet LAN Integrated Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
1 Super Speed USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, HDMI, VGA, RJ-45, 2 Stereo Headphones out Jack, Microphone in Jack
Multi-in-1 card reader .
6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
1 year warranty

Actual pics:


I bought the laptop at $899 with free upgrade to 8MB Ram plus a free 7" android tablet.  The tablet belongs to Kelvin now haha..its pretty ok, not fantastic but good enough haha.  Actuallly im quite amazed at how cheap laptops are nowadays. They used to be around at least 2k but now u can get a decent one at less than 1k!


I just bought a laptop table (from gmarket) which I can use when lying down on the bed to watch movies ^^ 

The laptop table is quite cool, it is adjustable and you can use it on the sofa or on the bed. It can also function as a table to eat or read books/magazines haha.

Got it at about $28 when it was on discount. 



Im so addicted to gmarket its terrible lol. oh well, since i have to work so hard might as well spend abit on myself to compensate (or at least that's how i console myself haha)

2 comments:

Joseph Stalin said...

Thank you very much for this information! I have an newest asus A53U-XE1 laptop and some of the programs you listed were also a part of my system. I am currently doing a disk cleanup as well, so hopefully my laptop will be less burdened and produce better results in the future. Thanks again for your help!
new google gadgets

Unknown said...

"Actuallly im quite amazed at how cheap laptops are nowadays." - I hear you. Back then, laptops cost a fortune. But we can now have the best models at a very reasonable price tag! - Betty