Saturday, December 15, 2018
Saturday, November 24, 2018
Just nabbed a Good Friday sales promo on AccorHotels (40% off) and booked a hotel staycation at So Sofitel Singapore for only $185!
With taxes it came up to around $200 which is a pretty good deal given it includes breakfast.
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
I wanted a preschool near to our place at bishan so I visited the following preschools which was nearby:
- Calum Junior (Bishan)
- Totsville Montessori (Bishan)
- Maple Bear (Midview City)
- Mindchamps(Midview City)
- Little Wonders Montessori Childcare (Bishan)
- Hampton (Bishan)
- Brighton Montessori Grassroot Club
Here are my reviews of each of the childcare/preschools after having visited them
- Landed property opposite junction 8 area
- Outdoor playground but looked abit run down
- 3 levels with basement area for assembly (have to climb alot of stairs)
- Classrooms looked a little untidy and messy
- Teachers looked okay, educational materials looked interesting
- Not cheap (think it was around 1.5k?)
- Located at basement 1 under one of the hdb flats at bishan
- Very small and cramped
- Windows all closed with no outdoor sunlight, felt a lil claustrophobic
- A little messy n noisy, no partition walls between different classes
- Educational material looked not bad, had some maths chart on the walls
- Saw a sick child being picked up by his grandpa
- For 18 months, only 3-4 hour sessions available and fees very expensive given the short sessions (even though it follows montessori program)!!
- Very large area, spacious open area
- Gigantic indoor playground (like some castle) with a ball pit, chloe loved it
- Wet play area
- Classrooms are not separated in the outside area so a little noisy
- Not many children were there when we visited so felt a little empty
- No uniforms, children were wearing home clothes
- Fees: around 1.4-1.5k
- Large spacious area with individual classrooms for each level (pre-nursery, N1, N2 etc)
- Super big gym area
- Big indoor playground which looked very new
- Staff look very caring and good with handling the kids (the chinese lady who brought us around was very intelligent, friendly and good at talking ha)
- Children were very interactive and looked very happy
- Organic milk, yoghurt provided for kids
- Very expensive! 1.9k before subsidy but includes most extra curriculum activities
- Smaller school, not much play area
- Children were napping when we visited so nothing much to see
- Looked a little empty and cold
- Didnt have any feeling for this preschool at all
- Fees were affordable, less than 1k
- Follows montessori program
- Below one of the hdb blocks at bishan
- Windows were all closed due to aircon (not much natural outdoor light coming in)
- 2-3 teachers were sitting on the floor with the kids, putting the 18 months old class kids to sleep. Some in uniform some in home clothes
- A few children/grandparents/maids were streaming in and out of the school while i was there, apparently family members can pick up children anytime after lunch/afternoon and some grandparents prefer to pick them early even though they are in full day 7am to 7pm
- Under PCF and joint venture with Eton preschool
- Very affordable fees(one of the lowest! $700 plus before subsidy)
Brighton Montessori Grassroot Club
- Large spacious, occupy 2 levels at the grassroots club
- Outdoor playground
- Classrooms are partitioned so not noisy
- Children looked happy, independent and well behaved generally
- Principal was very professional and kids seem to love her lol
- Follows montessori program
- Fees on the high side, 1.7k before subsidy
Have decided to shortlist mindchamps and Brighton montessori given what we have seen so far, Kelvin will visit these 2 schools next time with me so we can decide which one!
Monday, July 16, 2018
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
God i know you put us through trials and sufferings for a reason. While im going through this period of my life, please guide me thru and dont let go off my hand.
Even when its darkness everywhere and i cant seem to see the light, please show me where i should go and give me assurance that You have a plan for me and that i will see the fruits of my labour some day. sometimes its really difficult esp on days like these where its just bad news after bad news, but i know God you wont give us more than what we can bear so i will hold on to your promise and wait for the rays of light to appear one day.
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Feeling like im at the lowest point of my career, like nothing is going well and really lousy about myself.
I keep telling myself things will get better but i dont know if im just kidding myself..God are u there? I need your help and guidance..really feeling so terrible about myself and not sure what is the meaning of my existence..when will things finally get better and be ok? Why does it seem so easy for others and they get what they want easily?
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Sunday, April 1, 2018
Finally after 10 months plus, i have decided that today it is time to stop pumping😅
My milk supply has dropped quite abit such that to get a full feed, i need 2 to 3 days of pumping worth of milk which is really not feasible and also not worth all the effort of having to go thru 30 mins each pumping session and only getting 20 to 30 ml each time :/
It hasnt been an easy journey with breastfeeding for me from the start given that im mostly a EP mum (since abt 3 mths plus Chloe refuses to latch on) and gosh, pumping 4 to 5 times a day is no joke! All the washing up and hours spent with my Spectra pump.. But im proud of myself that i made it so far by persevering and that my baby has gotten most of the important nutrients from the first few months of breast milk. Kudos to all the mummies out there who give their best to their babies becuz bfing is really not easy! Jiayou!
Now finally i can get to drink some alcohol after more than 1.5 yrs!! Im no alcohol lover but after such a long time of not drinking any alcoholic drinks, im dying for a glass of good red wine or frosty mug of ice cold beer lol
Monday, March 12, 2018
Finally decided to renovate the kitchen after buying our bishan place for more than 6 years because the sink was leaking and we couldn't put it off any longer😅
Chose to go with the ID recommended by my ex colleague , hope the turnout of the reno will be ok! Actually considering the amount we are paying (9K+), it better turn out more than ok >.<
So far its been a week and the sink is starting to be built up. Will post more pics when the reno is done!
Sunday, January 28, 2018
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Gosh these few days the weather has been super cold in singapore, today the temp dipped below 22 degrees which is practically unheard!
Even when i open my living room door slightly, the wind is super strong. Im enjoying the cool weather though, feels like genting!
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Sometimes i really have self doubts about myself.
At work, i really dont know what my boss is asking me to do sometimes and i wonder if its a cultural thing or is it just me? The thought that maybe im not suitable for this job always crosses my mind and that scares me.
I feel like i cant live up to expectations especially when im working on projects where i have to lead because im a follower and would rather let other people lead. I struggled with that last time but now im comfortable with this fact because this is who i am and not everyone can be a leader.
Some days i just feel like giving up. God pls give me strength when im lacking and feeling weary, i know that your strength is sufficient for me so please show me the way..