Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cathay Platinum Movie Suites experience

Always wanted to try out the The Cathy Platinum Movie Suites and I was actually waiting for a long movie to catch that would be well worth the $ spent since its not cheap. 

I tried GV Gold Class a few times before (at GV Vivocity and GV Great World City and GV Katong) and I remember it was pretty good. Esp the GV katong cuz it was a corporate event and everything was free haha. They served us a main menu and also free flow of popcorn and they even had TWG tea.  So I was curious whether Cathay Platinum was equally good.

Finally The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug movie came out and I thought, this was the best time to check out the Cathay Platinum! So we bought the tix ($76 for 2 tix for sat night ouch!) and went to the one at The Cathay.  

Wanted to come early initially to try out their lounge but in the end we only managed to come 15 min b4 the movie started lol.


this is the Platinum Movie Lounge which has free WI-FI and iPads for complimentary usage


 tried playing around with the ipad but it was no biggie lol.


think this was the drinks/bar area.



sorry for the blur pics ;/


we were given a complimentary platinum priority card that supposed to have discounts i think?

Finally we went inside the movie theatre and boy, the fully-leathered armchairs were really comfortable! I didnt have the chance to take a pic of the seats but you can see it from the pic below taken from Cathay website!



here's me in the dark lol


kelvin enjoying himself in the huge leather seat

we ordered some club sandwiches and drinks (red wine for Kelvin and some peach cooler drink for me) and the food was pretty yummy. Pity the food prices arent included in the seat price though..I would expect that having paid $38 per pax they can throw in some free popcorn or soft drinks at least? O.o


Anyway overall we enjoyed the experience though I still feel its abit ex though!

No comments: