Friday, March 18, 2016

Happy birthday to me!

Feel like its been ages since i last blogged, have been so busy at work and everything that i havent had the time to actually sit still and write something.

I'm hitting the big 35 this year and gosh i cant believe im in my mid 30s! For goodness sake, it sounds like so old >.< Luckily i dont look so old (haha i know im so bhb) and i think its becuz inside, i still feel like im in my 20s. Still trying to find my way in life, career etc.

I've seriously been thinking about my work because alot has been happening at work and i feel so tired from all the late night calls,the incessant projects and things that keep popping up. To add to that, im having serious issues with my "new" lao ban and that is the really the main reason why i have been feeling very demotivated at work recently.  I cant work for someone who does not respect people, only farms out work to her team to do and doesnt support her team. There is only so much shit i can take from her..Even though im very reluctant to look out, i feel that im at the point in my career where i need to seriously think what i want to do in the future from here.

So i've written down all options and i hope that God will show me the way to go from here. I need to stop thinking about what might happen and the what ifs etc and just do it. Regardless of what happens, i pray and trust God that this will be His plan for me. 

My immediate goals for now is to sign up for a new exercise course with my colleague and to learn how to develop an app. Also,I want to build up my stock portfolio and maybe do more aggresive investing so that i can increase my passive income from dividends.

I've been so blessed with having so many good friends, family and hubby around me who really care for me and having everyone around me being so nice to me makes me feel so lucky. Even though my birthday is only tomorrow,i've already had a few birthday celebrations in advance with my cousins (yummy buffet at Grand Hyatt), colleagues (we had a staycation at W sentosa,more to come on that!) etc. I truly am very thankful to my loved ones!  

Also, i'm thankful for the little things in life. Like for today, being able to take a day off for my birthday and pamper myself by going for a massage, doing some shopping and having a nice dinner with Sharon and Christine later.  Tomorrow will be meeting Syn Min for lunch and also celebrating with Kelvin and his friends for dinner followed by KTV. Sunday will be celebrating with family!

No matter what happens at work, i will not let it affect me because I know im so much stronger than that and will survive!! 

No comments: