Sunday, September 21, 2014

The small things which matter in life

A lot of stuff have happened in the past year and it has made me think about things in life.

Life is really short and things always happen to you you least expect it. That's the irony of life I guess, no matter how much planning you do you can never anticipate what will happen. Maybe that's God's way of reminding us that everything is in His hands and we can plan different things but it may not always happen the way we want it to be or the way we expect it.

I thank God that even after the recent health scare for my mum that He has taken good care of her and it makes me even treasure her more and not take for granted that she will always be in good health. And even though she may be going thru a very difficult time now with what has happened in the last week, that God will continue to be with her and give her strength.

It also made me think about how scary it is to lose a loved one and not being able to say goodbye to your loved ones.  So if anything untoward happens to me for any reason, I want to say to my loved family and friends that I love them and they should rejoice because I will be with God in heaven and not feel sorrow. We all will pass away one day whether when we are young or old, healthy or sick, rich or poor..it can happen anytime and life is short so we should always treasure each moment that we have with our loved ones.  I'm thankful for all the friendships and love from my family over the past years..

To my mum who has had such a hard time all her life, i pray that God will continue to bless you and watch over you as He has always done. He knows how hard it had been for you to raise the 3 of us growing up  and providing for us to make sure we have enough $ to eat and to send us to school even during tough times we didnt have anything much but we've always managed to get by with help from relatives and church friends..He has blessed us so much and we are all doing relatively well now that we are grown up so mum you should be proud of us and i will never forgot God's kindness to our family. I'm sorry if sometimes i lose my patience because i'm not always the most patient person around and sometimes easily irritated.

To my dearest sister who is just about the most amazing sis that anyone could ever have, you have such a kind soul and so caring and so brave to be overseas and yet cope so well.. You take care of Alba so well and when I see the way that you talk to her sensibly, i know that you make such a good mum and wife to momo. Even when you cant save so much, you still help out with finances for dad and i really appreciate that. To my brother that you will continue to experience God's blessings and I hope that you will come to know Him even more as time passes by and know that He will always be there for you no matter what happens. I pray that you will find that special someone whom you can share your life with. To my dad, that even though you may not have been the best dad or husband in the world, for all your flaws you are still our dad and i'm glad that you know God ..its been not easy for you the past 10 years with your health condition and I pray to God that he will not let you be in pain or suffering.

And to my dearest hubby, you know that i will always love you no matter what happens and whether you go or i go first, i trust that God will watch over us until we met again. He has blessed us by letting us meet and be with each other as we go thru life together and i hope that we will grow old together in good health until our time is near.

To all my good friends, colleagues out there whom i have had the pleasure of spending time on simple things like eating out, chatting over coffee, working together, meeting up for a movie, doing things together, going on holidays etc, i thank God for all your friendships to me over the years and I hope that God will continue to watch over you and your families.

To my relatives and especially my grandparents and friends, I hope that you will get the chance to know God and his love for each and everyone of you so that we will meet again in heaven.



No comments: