Thursday, February 2, 2017

DBS points redeemption for KF miles



Conversion Fees

DBS has been charging $42.80 on an annual basis, with unlimited transfers throughout the year as part of its DBS points redemption to Krisflyer miles. However recently (couple of months ago i think), it announced that it would now change their fee structure to per transfer. The only good thing was that as per the FAQ document issued by DBS, for those who had already paid the annual fee $42.80 for the year, they would still enjoy the unlimited transfers within the membership year till the expiry. After that, you’ll be levied $25 per transfer.

This prompted me to go back and check when I last paid for the annual membership fee for the frequent flyer redemption (I had done it sometime last year). I found a SMS from DBS from sometime back (which I had forgot about) stating that my membership would expire on 4th March 2017! Which meant that I had 1 month left to convert my DBS points to miles before I have to pay $25 per transfer! Since the time I had paid the annual fee last year, I didn't have the chance to do any conversion yet..So today, i decided to log into my DBS rewards account and do the transfer.

Good thing I did it actually, because I found that i had 3000 points expiring (from my DBS Women Mastercard) so it was good timing. After using up 5000 points to convert to KF miles (which translates to 10K miles), I have now about 15K points left. Shall use these points when I am planning for my next travel (though I'm not sure when that will be!!).





No comments: