Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Growing up in Singapore with local dramas

Ok..i think i may be one of the very few people my age that think this way but i actually really like watching local tv shows esp ch 8 dramas lol.

Growing up, i always watched local chinese drama serials on local telly and some of the more memorable local dramas i remember include  青春123, Kopi-O and 迷离夜 . Back then, mediacorp was known as SBC and i rem loving to watch these SBC dramas at home with my sis and bro (or maybe i was the only  one crazy abt the shows haa).

I especially liked the 青春123 drama cuz the girl students in the drama were wearing our MGS uniform!

Found some of the theme songs on Youtube, listening to them brings back fond memories..

迷离夜 Theme song:



青春123 (SBC theme song) 青春123:



So even now, when there are so many cable shows available with Starhub TV and Mio plus all the Jap, Korean dramas u can watch using all the drama websites, i still prefer to catch my favourite ch8 drama showing at 9pm on weekdays lol.

I know some of my friends would find that really strange given that most pple nowadays dont watch local tv anymore and I dont know how to describe why, but somehow i just feel connected to other Singaporeans when i watch "live tv" dramas airing on the local tv! Its like you know that other people in all parts of Singapore are watching the same show as you now..It gives me something to look forward to every night when i come home after work and after I've  had my dinner..

Sometimes its really silly cuz i know i can watch some of the dramas online (esp those Taiwanese dramas that ch8 show sometimes at the 9pm slot) but i still prefer to watch the episodes daily as they air on tv.

Generally the local Mediacorp dramas are not as good as the ones in the good old days however there were some local dramas aired recently which are really not bad like The Dream Makers and Tiger mum. I remember when they were showing, i always tried to go home on time everyday just to catch the dramas and will also discuss with my friends and colleagues about what happened in the drama series lol!

No comments: