Thursday, November 27, 2008

If you know me v well, you'll know that I'm always finding out which is the best person to find or place to go for different things in Singapore etc haha. Like which doc is the best for lasik, where to find a reliable repairman, which bank savings account gives you the highest interest rate etc.

I've accumulated a fair amount of useful contats/ info which has come in handy for me and being such a generous person, i've decided to share this here for everybody's benefit :) hahahaha.. Pls note this is all based on my research, personal/popular opinion and in some cases, personal experience ;p

Online Shopping websites (local)

Household stuff like fixing the toilet, movers etc.
  • Plumber (Mr Liu: 96473638)
  • Free removal of bulky items/used furniture in AMK (AMK town council 6453 0511) - I've called them many times haha
  • Mover/Transportation of items (This is the cheapest i've found so far $40 per trip: call 94889767)
  • Ambulance (Medic Network - Hp: 8228 0955) - i've used them a few times for my dad's visits to the hospital
  • Maid Agency (Kenny 9841 2733 - He's very reliable and will bring the maids personally to your house if you are not free to come down to the agency. Saved me alot of time and effort, I used him to find Kelvin's current maid who is quite good! haha)
Food delivery service
  • Tingkat - Tong Chiang Kitchen (hp:91823852) their food not bad, it's better than a couple of other food caterers which i ordered before and they are one of the few places that will deliver for 1 person only
  • McDelivery (6777 3777)
  • KFC (6222 6111)
  • Golden Pillow (curry and bread) - 6323 8933
  • Loy Kee Chicken Rice (6852 3322)
Makeup service

  • Ettusais (Felicia at Isetan Scotts: 6836 1281 - she's very nice and the makeup service is complimentary!)
  • Dana (92477093) - she's taiwanese..she did my hair and makeup for my friend's wedding which was quite nice and her charges are pretty reasonable
Dental/medical services

  • St Andrew Dentist (Amara Shopping Centre; 62240 055) This is on my company's panel of dentist clinics and they are v popular. Justin Leong is my dentist there and he's pretty good. My colleague goes to him too!
  • Q &M at amk (6554 3363 - i think one of the cheaper dentist clinics ard)
  • Parkway Eye Centre at Gleneagles- Recommended for doing Lasik surgery (i've introduced 3 pple there! Dr Lee Hung Ming is highly recommended, he was the head surgeon previously at TTSH and went to private practice)
Best Savings Interest Rate In Singapore
Travel (mainly Japan stuff)
Useful links for work

No comments: