Sunday, June 8, 2008

I look like a bloody chipmunk -.-



With fat swollen cheeks and now, blue black bruises are starting to appear. But it hasnt stopped me from going out! haha nope. Becuz i just cant stay at home, its just so boring!

Actually if you didnt know me, maybe you wouldnt know my face is swollen...you would just think i have a round face lol. But ok lah, its not pain..i only took a painkiller on the day i had the operation itself, the rest of the days it didnt hurt that much. Just have swollen cheeks lol.

This is the first time i have had an operation, but it wasnt as bad as i thought. My op was at 7.45am in the morning at AH and Kelvin sent me there. I had to change into this green dressing gown and then i had to lie down on the operating chair. They inserted some tube thingy into my hand (which is also blue black now), and put this oxygen mask over me and asked me to inhale deeply. After a while, i took a whiff of some weird smell (i heard the doc say it was some nitrous oxide or something) and that i conked out immediately. It was so weird! i dont even remember blacking out..

When i woke up, apparently the doc just finished the op and the first thing i asked the nurse was "How did the op go?" The nurse looked stunned that i was asking this kind of question haha..but she said it went well lol...Then the nurse wheeled me to the day ward and i rested for a while. I had some gauze in my mouth to stop the bleeding and the nurse changed it twice. It was so gross..all soaked with blood and the nurse made me wash my mouth twice. It hurt like hell when i gargled my mouth with the cold water. When i spit out the water, there was lots of blood and i think i saw some bloody tissue from my gums too haha.

I was feeling so thirsty cuz you cant have water or food 8 hrs b4 the op..and i forgot to drink before that so i think i went for more than 15 hours without water. Luckily the nurse then gave me some apple juice in a cute packaging (like those they give you on the plane) and it tasted so good haha. It was so good that i had a second one after that haha. After that, i felt much better, not so groggy, then i went to change into my clothes and the nurse called Kelvin to come pick me up. The pharmacist gave me like 4 types of antibiotics which i have to complete the course and some painkiller. Oh yes, they also gave me my 4 teeth which were extracted. I tell you, it looks so gross!!



Its so unfair! How come when Kelvin took out his wisdom teeth, his cheeks didnt swell at all and he didnt have any blue black bruises??its so weird! he's like so abnormal haha.

p/s Did you know that chipmunks have the amazing ability to ‘stuff’ their cheeks full of food? Pouches on the inside of their cheeks help them to accomplish this.

No comments: