Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dividend Payment Summary for 2015

Once again, the end of the year has come and it's time to do a summary of my dividends received for 2015!

In total, I've received a total amount of $1,697. I think the amount is pretty decent and I'm glad to see around 69% jump in my dividends amount. That comes up an average monthly div amount of $141.

I'm also one step closer to my original aim to get dividends almost every month! I'm getting dividends about 9 months out of the year, so that's pretty cool. 

I've been thinking how to further enhance my retirement planning so i can achieve financial freedom earlier, and i think i want to aim at really building up my dividend stock portfolio so that the amount received every month is more significant.

So for the next new year in 2016, my goal shall be to achieve an average monthly dividend amount of $200. That is a pretty aggressive goal and that would mean a target annual dividend amount of 2.4K and I'm thinking this will mean I have to purchase more stocks.

I have to say that this year's stock market has been a pretty lackluster year with a lot of stock not doing well or with not much movement. I think it reflects the current state of the world economy with a lot of uncertainty and doubt about the overall global economies including the 2 main powerhouses - China and US. Hopefully next year will be a better year.

And i said before last year ^^

*Huat ah!*




No comments: