Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tokyo's Spring Feast

Tokyo's Spring Feast
Carousel, Royal Plaza Scotts Hotel

Couple of weeks ago i was craving for oysters and sashimi and to celebrate my first pay at my new place, we went for a japanese buffet at Carousel. It was quite expensive (never paid so much for a dinner before!) but its been eons since we went for a jap buffet so what the heck ;D

Carousel was having a special Tokyo's Spring Feast promotion featuring spring flavours by guests chefs all the way from Tokyo, Japan so the food was really really very good! We actually went on the last day of the promotion so we were quite lucky to be able to catch it.

Entrance of the restaurant, they had this mini tori shrine (like those you see at temples in Japan) which was interesting.


And of course, the first we attached was the seafood!!

It was the most amazing array of seafood i ever saw! Check out the mussels, clams, oysters, crabs and other fresh seafood on top the bed of ice.


My favourite sashimi! The sashimi were so artistically arranged on the serving area, usually at other buffets they dont display it like so prettily haha..Just looking at this makes me drool lol..

Fresh spring vegetables from Japan

Caviar on top of some fresh leafs, tiger prawns and some other weird looking seaweed thingy 

OMG the cheese was sooo good. I loved the brie and cambert cheese, i spread them on some crackers and it tasted heavenly~

my plate of cheese and crackers with the caviar thing and salad

Kelvin with his plate of fresh seafood giving me the face like why are you taking photos again 

Crabs!

close up of my food...gosh the crab claws were huge!

soba noodles (besides the usual green soba noodles, they had this pale yellow soba noodles which was very unique)


Had a plate of aglio olio spaghetti

Im quite amazed at how much i managed to eat haha. After all the food, i had some coffee from the Nespresso machine which came with all the different capsules you can choose from.



Dessert!!




my fav green tea ice-cream to finish off our delicious meal.

I so enjoyed the buffet. The buffet came up to about S$160 plus for both of us with the 10% discount with POSB. Next time I am feeling rich again, we will go back again lol.

I was so full after that, i went to walk around the hotel lobby. They were having some ikebana exhibition with very pretty ikebana art on displays.



All the jap food and beautiful flowers makes me miss Japan haha. 

No comments: