Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hollister Haul

Just got my 2nd shipment of my Hollister stuff yesterday, i <3 Hollister!

My haul:

Salt Creek

$19.50

$15

60% cotton/40% polyester, Supersoft, iconic Hollister logo applique, self fabric interior neck taping, Vintage Hollister Wash, Classic Fit, Imported



Hollister Super Skinny

$49.50

$24.75

99% cotton/1% spandex, rich dark color, seagull embroidery at right coin pocket, iconic back pocket stitching, wear cuffed for an updated look, Rinse, Imported

Hollister Rolling Hills

$30

100% cotton, hand-done destruction, seagull embroidery at right coin pocket, rolled cuffs with raw edged hems, iconic back pocket stitching, Vintage Destroyed Medium Wash, Mid-Rise Short Short Fit, Imported. Shown In Destroyed Medium Wash

We ordered the stuff from the Hollister website through the borderlinx website cuz they dont ship directly to Singapore and you need a US address. I think with all the shipping included, my buys will come up to about $100 plus..*oOps*..And that's not including my other buy from gmarket korea which has also just arrived and I'll get that next week. But i'm still so tempted to get more stuff from Hollister, its like darn it im hooked haha..The quality is soo good, i tried on the tee and its super comfy. The jeans is a little tight but it fits really well. AND omg the shorts are so pretty! i super love all the stuff. And most importantly, they were all on sale!

So why online shopping? Cuz its so cheap compared to shopping in Singapore, the quality is much better and plus importantly, you cant get it here.

Like for example, in my first buy from Hollister, I bought the Hollister skinny jeans @ US$24.75 which came up to about S$41 WITH shipping and handling charges included. I mean, you cant even get a decent pair of jeans at this price in Singapore! I'm not sure even if a pair of Giordano jeans are cheaper than S$40 haha. This goes the same for my korean buys, I can get a Korean dress of really good quality (with inside lining and everything) at around S$40-S$60 online from Gmarket Korea, if you go to the shops selling Korean clothes in Far East Plaza or other places in Singapore, the same dress retails at more than S$100 onwards. I am not kidding!

So yeah, after shopping online, its hard to go back to shopping in Singapore again. I mean sure, i still buy clothes from shops here like Mng, but i think about 60% of my wardrobe stuff are all bought from overseas either on my holidays or online lol.

Tips for buying Hollister jeans: If you are interested in buying Hollister jeans online, and you're not sure of the sizing, here are some references which may be useful.

I usually wear UK 8 or waist 26 jeans. On their website, they say size 3 is for waist 25-26 so I bought a size 3 for the skinny jeans. While it fits, i think it would be even better if it was a tad smaller so i bought size 1 for the super skinny jeans (which is for waist 24-25). For the length, they have short (S) ,regular (R) and Long (L) for jeans. I'm 161 cm tall, and short(S) fits me perfectly (no need to alter the hem). So the jeans size i bought was 3S and then 1S.   


For the cut, they have super skinny, skinny, boot and jeggings. 




I bought skinny jeans are like slim straight cut jeans, and the super skinny are well, super skinny lol. boot cut is slightly more flared from knee onwards and In case you've never heard of jeggings, they have the look of jeans (with the buttons, belt hoops and all) but feel like leggings. They are like super skinny but very expandable (they have lots of spandex) so they can really stretch. From the online reviews i've seen, i heard the hollister jeggings are pretty popular too cuz they are very comfortable and have an amazing fit.

2 comments:

sheena said...

Hi Joyce,
could i check with you how much did the total shipping cost you via Borderlinx? i've been ordering via direct shipping to SG -_- so silly of me. please let me know! thank you very much!

Little Nezumi said...

hiya heena my shipping cost came up to ard S$25 ;)