Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jodi Picoult


Jodi Picoult is like my fav author of all time.

I started reading her novels one day when i was bored at kelvin's hse and i saw the book "My Sister's Keeper"(i think Cindy bought it a long time ago in JC or something haha) . I started reading it and from then, i was hooked.

So far, here is the list of books which I have read:
  1. My Sister's Keeper
  2. Nineteen Minutes
  3. Vanishing Acts
  4. The Pact
  5. The Tenth Circle
Her stories are just so gripping and real. They really make you stop to think about how you view people and life. It makes you think:
  • What makes you think that you really know a person? your closest friend, your partner, even your family.
  • Are things always what they seem on the surface?
  • How far should you go to protect a person that you love?
  • Is it worth it to throw away something good for something that gives you temporary happiness?
  • Who are the most important people in your life?
  • Can you love someone immensely, yet hate him/her with the same intensity?
Her novels always center around court drama and her books speak about love, family, friends, school, work, relationships etc. Everytime i read her book, i just cant stop. Its like an addiction, i have to keep reading till i finish the whole book. Once i finish the book, im like damn, its soo good.

Amazing author she is. I love her!!Please keep writing haha. I heard that a few of her books (My Sister's Keeper is one of them) are being turned into movies, i cant wait to watch them!! ok i know im like raving abt her on and on but really, you must read her books!!

No comments: