Tuesday, July 30, 2024

My first annuity payout!

Just received a notification from Aviva/SingLife that my first annuity benefit payout will be coming my way soon yay!

I bought this MyLife income plan a few years ago and paid 60K over 3 years. 



From this year onwards - Every year in Aug I will receive around 2.6K+ for the rest of my life and if I decide to surrender my plan, the value of the plan will be worth more than the 60K i put inside previously so sounds like a good deal to me! The amount is not big but hey - baby steps go a long way. I will get there slowly but surely.

This is part of my long term plan to build up my passive income so i can "semi retire" soon by early 50s haha. From the CPF life calculator, I  will receive around 3.5k a month from age 65. For me that it is a modest amount of money which should be sufficient to cover my daily expenses. I'm looking forward to building up my investment portfolio to further help me attain my goal.




No comments: