Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hollister and A&F spree

Ok im very bored now. Sooo i've decided to write about my obsession with Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch

Dont know why recently i seem to have developed a craze for Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch stuff. Past couple of months i keep searching online for Hollister and a&f sprees in Singapore...Maybe its cuz i went to the A&F store and saw the sky high prices there which makes me want to go and shop online (and get the items at half the price)!!

I got these items some time ago (while I was still at my ex-company and could see the clearance section at the Hollister website cuz for some strange reason we were on a US server).


Got this white tee in size S cuz the previous dark blue hollister tee which i got in size XS was abit too tight.  But when i received the white tee, it seems abit baggy. Their sizing abit funny sometimes..


I loved the Rockpile shorts so much that i ordered another one after that! One was in size 3 (which was a little loose) and then I ordered size 1 so it'll fit better.  But after wearing both of them, i end up wearing the size 3 shorts more often cuz its more comfy somehow lol.


And my absolute favourite checkered shirt from Hollister. I love it to bits, i wish i could wear it more often but the weather recently in sg has been so hot!! 

Me wearing my beloved Hollister shirt and shorts: 


So even since I left my ex-company, i've been pretty feeling abit sianz at work so i have been shopping online to cheer myself up haha. And cuz i can no longer order stuff from work, I tried looking online for Hollister and a&f sprees where I can order from the clearance/sale section.

To view the clearance/sale section at their websites, you have to use a US proxy server like the ones below:


I've done a screenshot to show how the clearance/sale section looks like. This is where u can see the really heavily discounted items on sale!

Look at that, the same tee going at $5.95 at their US website vs $15.90 (on sale already) on the Hollister website if you dont use the US proxy website. Also, the international shipping charges are like USD 50 if you order from the website without using the US proxy server.

I didnt hve much luck finding recent Hollister and a&f sprees online in Singapore but after much research, I managed to find this website that was organizing a Hollister spree!


So i got a couple of items:


I also ordered a shirt for Kelvin which was going at about US$30++ (a normal A&F shirt costs S$130 in SG!!)


Only drawback about this website is that they are not using the US proxy website so cant get the super low prices but at least the intl shipping prices which they charge are lower. Got all 3 items for about S$110 which works out to about S$60 for the shirt and S$20 for the tank top and S$30 for the tee.  Which is not a bad deal considering a similar tank top at A&F in Singapore (like the one below) is going at SS38 and a tee would cost about S$58?


And recently someone on a local forum in Singapore was organizing a fast spree for A&F so i quickly ordered a shirt! It was going at US$14.95! (came up to around S$32 after conversion including intl shipping and handling fees)


MARISA
FLAGSHIP EXCLUSIVE
$14.95
100% COTTON, SUPERSOFT FLANNEL, COLORFUL PLAID PATTERN, BUTTON-DOWN LEFT CHEST POCKET WITH MOOSE EMBROIDERY, INTERIOR NECK TAPING, VINTAGE ABERCROMBIE WASH, CLASSIC FIT, IMPORTED-COLOR LOGO GRAPHIC, SELF FABRIC INTERIOR NECK TAPING, VINTAGE HOLLISTER WASH, CLASSIC FIT, IMPORTED

60% COTTON/40% POLYESTER

It was only after ordering the shirt that i realized its a flannel shirt (which is a little warmer than normal cotton). But its ok! I'll wear it on my Europe trip in Nov when I visit my sis ;D

So, here you go. Some tips on ordering hollister/a&f if you are crazy abt the brands like i am haha.

No comments: